Sunday, February 1, 2009

7 years!

7 years ago, I stood before a man, a man I loved, a man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. We stood before our family and friends, a pastor and God. We vowed to each other to love one another, through sickness and health, good times and bad, and to be there for each other no matter what. 7 years ago, it seems like a long time, yet it seems like yesterday. I still love that man, I love him even more, I could never put into words the love that I have for him. It's too strong, its too much (if there is such a thing), it's just right. It hurts to love him, it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest b/c there isn't enough room to hold the love I feel for him. 7 years later of marriage and I still get butterflies when I think about him. I get giddy like a teenage girl with her first crush. When he holds me everything feels right, when he says I love you, I melt and have a smile a mile wide.

Through everything that has happened in the 7 years we've been married, we are strong and still going. He is the love of my life, my best friend, my lover, my everything. Our relationship is like no other that I have seen nor been in. I would be lost without him and couldn't imagine not growing old with him. I can't wait to see what another 7 years brings, what God has in store for us. I look forward to growing old and senile with him. I'm thankful to God and blessed for him being in my life. So 7 years ago tomorrow, will be the anniversary of the day that I took the man that I love as my husband, my soul mate, my lover, as the man that God intended him to be for me. I cherish the time we have had and will have. It will never be enough but I'm thankful for what I get. Happy Anniversary baby, I love you!

No comments: