Monday, May 10, 2010

When did that happen?

So I was thinking recently when did I get so involved in politics? I wasn't political in HS, sure I had my views, I had my thoughts, but I couldn't be bothered with politics. Then all of a sudden BAM I am full force into politics. We're not just talking discussing it here and there, we're talking full on debating politics, policies, presidents,senators, local people, topics. When did I become such an adult involved in the affairs of the world. Now here's the thing that is funny too. I don't watch the news or read the paper so I don't get my opinions from some newscaster/talk show person or some reporter in a newspaper or magazine. I see a topic, I go and research it, find the info myself, I look at it from all sides. So it kind of annoys me when there are people who just go off of what someone else said. I see it all the time when I'm debating. The opposing opinion just spouts what they heard on TV, you can tell it's not THEIR opinion or their thought or even a fact that they looked up. I hate that, it's why so many debates die, b/c they have NOTHING to come back at me with and it sucks, but that all aside, I really would like to know when I became so political lol If anyone knows, please let me know. I really have no idea. Oh and with that said, expect some political rants from here on out lol

No comments: